“I’d rather regret the things I’ve done
than regret the things I haven’t done.”
Last week a friend sent me a link to a blog called Inspiration and Chai by Bonnie Ware. For many years she worked in palliative care and has written a book that explores the 5 most common regrets of the dying. Surprisingly, the most common regrets were not the things people had done, but what they hadn’t.
With the intention of avoiding having one of these common regrets as my own, I decided to write (and share) this list of corresponding antidotes:
5 Ways to Live Life with No Regrets
- Be true to yourself; pursue your passions.
- Don’t work too hard; spend quality time with the people you love.
- Express yourself honestly; you can’t please everyone.
- Make the effort to stay in touch with old friends.
- Let yourself be happy. Adults need laughter and silliness too.